Monday, August 13, 2012

CASA JIMENEZ MEXICAN FOOD

I really love Mexican food and Whittier has a hand full of Mexican restaurants worth trying. In Whittier it isn't hard to find a decent taco or burrito when you need that Mexican food fix. I have tried most of our Mexican food restaurants but over the past year Casa Jimenez has really stepped up their game in my opinion. The Whittier location was opened in 2007 and I have been going over the years. In the past I thought "Yeah this place is decent" and that was the end of that but like I said over the past year it is like a different restaurant.

Casa Jimenez
11250 Whittier Blvd
Whittier         CA
                        90606
562.463.5453
They have a great menu and offer every Mexican dish under the sun. When you walk in you are welcomed by a friendly and warm staff. You seat yourself in this very nice and roomy restaurant.

Nice big eating area with plenty of seating.
They can also accommodate large groups


When you are seated you are quickly met with a basket of warm tortilla chips and fresh salsa. I am a stickler when it comes to salsa but this one can hold it's own. It is really fresh and has a kick so if you aren't into spicy salsa be careful with that first bite.

Very clean and really cool original art work inside
Like I said the menu has all of the usual hits enchilada plate, Carne Asada, Tamales, Tacos hard and soft. The list goes on and on. If you are planning for an early morning breakfast you are in luck as well as a very good Mexican food breakfast menu they also provide American style breakfast. Pancakes, waffles, sausage and eggs and more.

Real nice Albondigas soup (Meatball soup)


Chile Colorado with Beef Enchilada, rice & beans
The last few times I have been I order the All You Can Eat meal for $9.95 what a deal! This meal comes with soup (Albondigas) or salad and all you can eat selected menu items. These items are served with rice and beans. You order two or three items off of the All You Can Eat menu and start with that.

Round one All You Can Eat Taquitos, Cheese enchilada,
rice & beans.
The enchilada's have a darker sauce on them and I prefer a lighter sauce but everything else is solid. I love the Chile Colorado it is real good. The Carnitas have always been great and I really enjoyed the Chile Verde too. Now I tried all of these items on one sitting with the All You Can Eat. I'm telling you it is a great deal. I didn't even get to the countless burritos they offer, Juevos Rancheros and more.

Chile Verde with Carnitas soft taco. Round three
All You Can Eat
$9.95

Nice place to enjoy a beer as well
The food is good but the service is even better. The staff here is on top of every drink refill and the food is served quick and hot. They also have beer if you would like to enjoy a nice cold adult beverage with your lunch or dinner. They offer free soft drinks or coffee to anyone acting as the designated driver in your party. Really nice touch and they advertise that right on the table. I was happy to pay my bill and give the cook a thumbs up on the way out.

If your taste buds are calling for some Mexican food and you don't know where to go give Casa Jimenez a try. It is really good and I enjoy it and so will you. Like I said before the prices are reasonable and the staff really makes the difference. I look forward to seeing all of the Whittier peeps here in the near future. I don't have any affiliation with this restaurant I am just a satisfied customer who loves Whittier and what it has to offer.

Tell them My Whittier sent you.
Now go out and support local Whittier business.

This restaurant is

MY WHITTIER
APPROVED!

3 comments:

  1. Yup yummy stuff thanks for going with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexican food is sought after regardless of the region or country and many people make it a personal hobby just to find the perfect authentic Mexican dish whether it be at a Mexican restaurant in Las Vegas, or a Mexican Restaurant in Idaho. phoenix Mexican restaurant

    ReplyDelete