Monday, March 11, 2013

Arizona Joe's Salsa

 You all know by now how much I enjoy finding the best Whittier has to offer and passing that on to all of you. So when the owners of Arizona Joe's Salsa contacted me and asked me to sample their home made salsa I was flattered and really pumped. I love great Salsa!

Whittier's Own
Arizona Joe's Salsa

Just like every great success story Felicia and Gonzalo Sanchez started making this salsa about 17 years ago perfecting their recipe for friends and family. Over the years everyone who tried this salsa encouraged them to take it to the next level and produce and sell their delicious salsa to the public. They knew they had a great recipe but needed a great name to go with it. Gonzalo (Gonzo) and Felicia spent a lot of time looking for the perfect name for their great salsa and ended up calling it Arizona Joe's. Gonzalo told me tales of a neighbor they had way back in the day named Joe. Joe was an older interesting guy who told tales of Arizona and how much he adored Arizona. He also made a good salsa so they thought "Let's call it Arizona Joe's," perfect!


Sampling the product and OH MY this salsa is LEGIT!

Me and Gonzo loving this AZJ Spicy Hot Salsa
 
Gonzalo invited me to La Vendadita Market where they sell their delicious salsa. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised with La Venadita Market. Gonzalo greeted me and showed me around the market and his enthusiasm about his product and where it was being sold was was refreshing. I love people who stand behind what they do. We went in back and cracked open a bag of tortilla chips and dipped in to the "Spicy Hot" salsa. This salsa has such great distinct flavor and even though it was the spicy hot flavor it was not over powering like some salsas can be.
 

Available in three delicious flavors. Mild, Med Hot, Spicy Hot
16oz $4.00 or 32oz $7.00
call or text for availability 562-547-7106 or 562-652-1011
 
The salsa was hot and really enjoyable, great flavor. As it boasts on the label "Great on Anything you can think of" I have to agree. After eating chip after chip with this great salsa I could not help but imagine this salsa on everything from Carne Asada Tacos to Hot Wings. If I had a beer at the time I could have sat there and ate the whole bag of chips!
 

This great salsa is sold at La Venadita Market in Whittier

 
La Venadita
14124 Lambert Road
  Whittier 90605
  
Fresh Meats of all kinds, Assorted Fresh Cheeses, Fresh Hand Made Tortillas, Charcoal, Fresh Fruits and Vegetables, Fresh Bread, BBQ Sauce and so much more this market is a hidden gem. With Summer right around the corner this needs to be your BBQ Headquarters!

Fresh produce, this market is super clean!
 
At the end of the day I was thoroughly impressed with Gonzalo and Felicia's Arizona Joe's Salsa. I was so glad I was able to try out this product first hand. It was really great to meet the people behind the product. These Whittier peeps are Great people with a great product! 

Arizona Joe's Salsa

AZJ SALSA is My Whittier Approved!
Try it you are going to love it
 
 



         
         
         

        No comments:

        Post a Comment