Monday, January 30, 2017

El Taco Sabroso "The Original"

Whittier is a huge town with a small town vibe. Often times we forget just how big it is. When it comes to food in Whittier there are so many options to choose from. I love to explore Whittier's food scene. I received a food referral from a friend and oh buddy! I am so glad I finally stopped by to try El Taco Sabroso.

EL TACO SABROSO "THE ORIGINAL"
Family Owned Mexican Restaurant

11503 Carmenita Rd.
Whittier CA 90605
562-944-4841
Catering Available!

When it comes to quality, taste and service
this place is hard to beat.
Original owners Manuel and Zita Sanabria started selling tacos out of a lunch truck across the street from the current location in Whittier in the early 1980's. In 1983 they took over the current (11503 Carmenita Rd.) location that was previously an old A&W Root Beer Drive-Up and cheeseburger stand back in the day. El Taco Sabroso has been the go to spot for many in South Whittier for quite sometime.  

I really like the Indoor outdoor vibe they have going on here.

When Art brought out the bacon wrapped
shrimp it was a real show stopper. Delicious!
In the early years the business expanded and thrived, many locations were added. Since then all but one location has been sold. You might see a few floating around but the location in Whittier is the original. Art the son of Manuel and Zita decided to take over the original location with wife Jessica. When I spoke to new owners Art and Jessica you could hear the passion and desire in their voices to carry on the family torch. They are injecting a new spirit on an old classic, and they are doing a great job. They say it isn't easy but they know they have a great product and great customers. 

My wife said the 
Carne Asada Torta was great and my Chili Relleno Burrito
was one of the best I have had.  

Owners Art and Jessica have great energy and really
love what they do. You really need to stop by and see what they have cooking.

We had a great lunch here and it wasn't to far at all. There was plenty of parking and the covered patio offered a really nice ambiance. Everyone loves to eat Mexican food on a beautiful day. El Taco Sobroso has so many menu items to choose from. Everything from Torta's to tacos, and they even have vegetarian options. I really can't wait to get back.  

Serving Menudo Saturday & Sunday's


Looking to have your next event catered? Give
El Taco Sabroso a call 562-944-4841

This place has been a staple and no secret to everyone on the South-Side of Whittier but it was new to me. I am so glad friend and fellow foodie Natalie Hernandez a.k.a #Feeduswerehungry on Instagram referred me to this place. El Taco Sabroso is now locked in to my Mexican food rotation.

Follow #Feeduswerehungry


If you aren't following #feeduswerehungry on
Instagram you are missing out. So glad she told me
about this Whittier hot spot.
As I have said before I am not and expert in the food world but I do know what I like. Not everyone gets the My Whittier stamp of approval. El Taco Sabroso is doing good things and they are making delicious food. If you are looking to get out of your food rut take a drive over to El Taco Sabroso I have a feeling you are going to like it. 

Post your comments below. Let me know what you think and let me know if you have a place you would like me to try. See you soon.   







No comments:

Post a Comment